In 2010, we implemented: The project “Strengthening the awareness of the population in Spitak community on the activities of the local self-governmentbody”
The objectives of the project were:
- To inform the residents of Spitak community about the RA Law on Local Self-Government
- Reveal the citizens’ attitude towards the activities of local self-government and the reasons for passivity
- To form a dialogue between the population and the local self-government bodies
- Provide free legal consultation concerning local self-government bodies.
In order to achieve the project goal, the organization performed the following activities:
- In Spitak community, surveys were conducted with 100 adult citizens in order to find out attitude of society towards local self-government body and to reveal the reasons for that.
- During the whole project, free legal consultation was provided.
- Two workshops were held to introduce to the population the local self-government legislation and to establish a dialogue between local self-government officials and citizens.
- 300 copies of information leaflets on community leader, council members, citizens’ rights and responsibilities were printed and distributed.
- A radio program was broadcasted on local radio for 30 minutes on the topic “Local Self-Government”.
- One final workshop-discussion was held.