In 2012 we have implemented the “Informed Society-Protected Rights” project.
The goal of the project is to raise the level of legal awareness of young people in Lori region and to create a more powerful and initiative local civil society.
- Educate young people from Saramej, Mets Parni, Shirakamut, Arevashogh rural communities and 25-30 communities of Spitak city about the basic human rights, the mechanisms and opportunities of human rights protection in Armenia.
- Create 3-5 initiative youth groups in Spitak city and Saramej, Mets Parni, Shirakamut, Arevashogh rural communities.
- Implementation of 4 initiatives on human rights protection and implementation of 1 city summarizing event.
- Strengthening the capacity of the organization through the involvement of active and initiative young people.
The results of the project are:
- 25-30 young people between the ages of 16 and 20 have been informed about fundamental human rights and about the mechanisms and capacities of rights protection in RA.
- There are 3-5 active initiative groups in Spitak, Saramej, Mets Parni, Shirakamut, Arevashogh communities.
- In Saramej, Mets Parni, Shirakamut and Arevashogh communities One Youth Initiative on Human Rights Protection was implemented
- On December 10, one city event was held on Human Rights Day.
- More active and initiative young people are involved in the organization’s activities.