Title: “I am an Informed and ProtectedWoman”
Project Duration: The project has been implemented for three months, from the beginning of September 2019 until the end of November.
Project Goal and Objectives
Short-term Goal of the Project:
The short-term objective of the project was to promote the empowerment of women in Lori region through increased legal awareness, physical and psychological self-defense mechanisms.
Long-term Goal of the Project:
The long-term objective of the project was to contribute to reduce gender-based stereotypes.
The project identified the following issues to achieve its goals:
- Create a safe space for women to be able to trust each other, know about domestic violence, and how to prevent it.
- Through a combined approach to violence education, we have explored the physical and psychological techniques for self-defense and boundary-setting.
- We have highlighted cases of gender-based violence, discrimination, and domestic violence also made discussions about them. The series of meetings has been summarized by Forum Theater.
Description of Project’s activities and results
- We have conducted a series of trainings on “Domestic Violence Prevention” law and about the types of domestic violence to inform the participants about the law. The participants were informed about the incidents and types of violence, in a particular situation of violence to which authorities they can apply to, and how they can protect their rights.
- We have explored the physical and psychological techniques of self-defense and border-crossing through a combined approach to violence education. And now women have a number of physical self-defense skills.
- We have highlighted cases of gender-based violence, discrimination, domestic violence, and conducted discussions about that cases. The series of meetings has been summarized by Forum Theater.